Saturday, August 13, 2011

A children's story by Chara Curtis




I am part of all I see,
And all I see is part of me.
I am my hands, I am my feet.
I am the puppy across the street.
I am the moon, I am the stars.
I'm even found in candy bars!
I used to think that I was small...
A little body, that was all.
But then one day I asked the Sun,
"Who are you?" He beamed, "We are one."
"But Mr. Sun, how is this true?
How can I be both me and you?"
He smiled,"You might ask your Sister Star.
She, too is part of who you are."
And so I waited 'til the night,
When darkness let me see her light.
"Sister Star, how can it be
That I am you and you are me?"
She glowed, "You're larger than you know;
You are everyplace there is to go.
You have a body, this is true...
But look at what's inside of you!"
I closed my eyes to see within.
I saw a light! It made me grin.
It reminded me of Sister Star.
She said,"That light is who you are.
Your body is just a little part
Of the light that shines within your heart."
"In all the world, in all of space,
Your light shines bright....It's everyplace!
And when you join it dot-to-dot,
You'll see that you is what you've got!"
"All the plants, the animals and trees
Are in your light...and you are these.
Look inside each one you meet,
And see your light....It's so complete!"
"Inside, outside, below, above...
See your light and feel its love.
You're asking you when you ask me,
So you know everything, don't you see?"
I looked again at all my light
And saw that Sister Star was right.
For every question there could be
The answer is inside of me.
All I ever had to do
Was ask the part of me that knew.
And then I said, "There's something more...
Each question opens up a door.
And every door that I walk through
Leads to a part of me that's new!"
"Thank you so much, Sister Star!
I love the part of me you are."
I wondered as I climbed in bed,
"Does all of me sleep when I rest my head?"
And then a voice...I guess was me...
Replied and spoke most lovingly,
"Even when you sleep, you are
Awake in every shining star."
I snuggled with my teddy bear,
And in his light, I saw me there.
"You are me, and I am you.
You love me....I love you, too!"
I closed my eyes and found my light
Dancing with moonbeams in the night.
I said a prayer I know was heard,
'Cause all that is hears every word!
And I can see In all of me
That there can be
No end...



By Chara Curtis

No comments: